Macarons are a delicate French confection that can seem intimidating to make at home. But fear not, because today we’re sharing our recipe for Matcha Green Tea Macarons! These macarons have a beautiful green hue and an unmistakable matcha flavor infused in both the shells and filling. In this recipe, we’ll be using the Swiss Meringue Method for making our macaron shells, which is easier and faster than the Italian method. We’ll also provide you with tips and tricks to ensure your macarons turn out perfect every time. So get ready to impress your friends with these adorable Matcha Green Tea Macarons!
What You Need:
To make Matcha Green Tea Macarons, you will need some basic ingredients and tools. Here’s a quick list of what you’ll need to get started:
- Egg whites
- Almond flour
- Icing sugar
- Matcha powder
- Cream of tartar
- Granulated sugar
- Stand mixer or hand mixer with whisk attachment
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Fine mesh sieve or sifter
- Spatula for folding batter
- Piping bag and piping tip
- Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
Make sure to have these items on-hand before starting the recipe so that you can work smoothly without any interruptions!
To make matcha green tea macarons, you’ll need a few key ingredients. These include almond flour, powdered sugar, granulated sugar, egg whites, and culinary-grade matcha powder.
It’s important to use super-fine almond flour and sift both the almond flour and powdered sugar before incorporating them into the batter. This helps ensure a smooth consistency in the macaron shells.
Matcha powder is also an essential ingredient for this recipe as it provides both flavor and color to the macarons. Be sure to use culinary-grade matcha powder for optimal results.
Other optional ingredients include green food coloring for added color in the shells and heavy cream for making ganache filling.
Overall, these ingredients are easy to find at your local grocery store or online marketplaces like Amazon or Thrive Market.
To make these delicious matcha green tea macarons, you will need a few essential tools. These include:
- A food scale to accurately measure your ingredients.
- Glass or copper mixing bowls to ensure that your egg whites are properly whipped.
- An electric stand mixer to save time and energy when making the meringue for the shells.
- A USA Pan Cookie Pan is recommended as they are heavy-duty and warp-resistant, providing even baking results every time.
- Silicone mats with perfect spacing and guide size are preferred for macarons and can assist in making uniform shells.
- A sifter or fine mesh sieve to sift the powdered sugar and almond flour before folding into the meringue mixture.
- Rubber spatula for gently combining all of the ingredients without deflating the batter’s air bubbles.
- Piping bags fitted with Wilton’s round no. 12 tip or .25-inch tip for piping out uniform shells
- Half-sheet baking sheet lined with parchment paper -Oven thermometer is necessary to confirm proper oven temperature
Using high-quality tools will help you achieve perfect results every time while also saving you frustration during the baking process.
Making matcha green tea macarons may seem daunting at first, but with a little practice and attention to detail, you’ll be able to create perfect batches every time. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make matcha green tea macarons:
Step 1: Make the Matcha Green Tea Macarons
- Prepare all ingredients and tools
- Pulse almond flour, icing sugar, and matcha powder together and sift
- Whip egg whites with cream of tartar and granulated sugar until stiff peaks
- Fold wet and dry ingredients together until “lava” consistency
- Transfer batter to piping bag and pipe onto parchment/silicone mats in round shape
- Let shells dry for approximately 30 minutes before baking
Step 2: Prepare The Matcha Green Tea Filling While waiting for the shells to dry:
- Make white chocolate ganache by heating up heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Mix in finely chopped white chocolate until smooth.
- Add matcha green tea powder into the mixture.
Step 3: Assemble The Matcha Green Tea Macarons Once the shells are ready:
- Pair matching shells according to size
- Pipe some ganache onto one shell
- Top it with another shell
Tips And Tricks: To ensure that your macarons turn out perfectly each time, here are some tips that can help you along the way:
- Use aged egg whites as they whip better than fresh ones.
- Sift powdered sugar, almond flour, and other dry ingredients multiple times before using them.
- Wipe utensils with vinegar/vodka to remove any oil residue that could affect meringue formation.
- Tap your pan against your countertop once or twice before placing it into an oven. This will help remove any air bubbles from the macaron batter.
Matcha Green Tea Macarons Storage: After making these delicious macarons, you’ll want to store them properly.
- Keep them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to three days or freeze for later consumption.
Substitutions: For those who don’t have organic sugar available, granulated sugar can be substituted.
Remember, practice makes perfect when it comes to making macarons! Don’t be discouraged if your first batch doesn’t turn out as expected. With time and patience, you’ll get the hang of it and impress your friends and family with beautiful and delicious matcha green tea macarons.
Step 1: Make The Matcha Green Tea Macarons
Matcha green tea macarons are a delicious treat that’s perfect for any occasion. The first step to making these beautiful cookies is gathering all the necessary ingredients and tools. You’ll need almond flour, powdered sugar, matcha powder, cream of tartar, granulated sugar, aged egg whites, and white chocolate chips for the filling. It’s important to measure everything by weight using a food scale as accuracy is crucial.
Once you have all the ingredients ready, it’s time to start making the macaron shells! Begin by pulsing together the almond flour, powdered sugar, and matcha powder in a food processor before sifting out any large pieces of almond that couldn’t be sifted. Then whip up your room temperature egg whites on low-medium speed with cream of tartar added when it becomes foamy until stiff peaks form.
Combine your meringue with your dry ingredients slowly folding them together until you get a batter with honey-like consistency which will flow like lava at this point. Transfer the batter into piping bags fitted with round tips then pipe out each shell onto parchment paper or silicone mats allowing them time to develop their skin before baking at 325F for 12-14 minutes.
It may seem daunting at first but once you get started making these little treats you’ll wonder why it seemed so complicated in the beginning! With some practice and patience anyone can make delicious homemade macarons filled with sweet matcha-infused white chocolate ganache filling – just follow our step-by-step guide above!
Step 2: Prepare The Matcha Green Tea Filling
Now that your macaron shells are baked and cooled, it’s time to prepare the matcha green tea filling. The filling is what will give your macarons their unique flavor and color.
To make the filling, you’ll need:
- Heavy cream
- White chocolate, chopped or grated into fine pieces
- Matcha powder
Start by heating up the heavy cream in a small saucepan over low heat until it starts to steam and small bubbles appear on the side. Remove from heat and pour over the chopped white chocolate in a separate bowl. Whisk until fully incorporated.
Next, add matcha powder to the mixture and whisk until completely combined. Allow the mixture to cool and firm up for a bit before piping onto your macaron shells.
When you’re ready to fill your macarons, transfer the prepared matcha green tea filling into a piping bag fitted with a round tip. Pipe onto one of the baked macaron shells, leaving some space around the edges for easy handling.
Add another shell on top of each filled shell gently pressing them together. Repeat this process for all shells until they are all filled.
And there you have it! Delicious matcha green tea flavored macarons that are sure to impress anyone who tries them!
Step 3: Assemble The Matcha Green Tea Macarons
Now that your macarons and filling are ready, it’s time to assemble them!
Find two macaron shells of similar size and pipe a dollop of the matcha ganache on one of the shells. Sandwich the macaron with the other shell gently pressing down to make sure they stick together. Repeat this process until all your shells have been filled.
One thing to keep in mind is letting the macarons mature for 24 hours before serving. This allows all the flavors to meld together, creating a more delicious experience.
To store your Matcha Green Tea Macarons, place them in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
If desired, you can also customize these macarons by adding some decorative touches like sprinkles or edible flowers on top of each filled cookie. This will add both color and flavor!
Enjoy these delicious Matcha Green Tea Macarons with friends and family as an impressive dessert or just as a sweet treat anytime during the day!
Tips And Tricks
Making perfect macarons can take some practice, but with these tips and tricks, you’ll be well on your way to creating delicious matcha green tea macarons:
- Use culinary grade matcha powder for the best flavor and color.
- Weigh all ingredients accurately using a food scale to ensure consistency in your batter.
- Let the macaron shells develop a skin before baking to prevent cracking.
- Allow the baked macarons to mature in an airtight container for 24 hours before serving to enhance their flavor.
- Wipe utensils and bowls with vodka or vinegar to remove any oil residue that could affect the egg whites’ ability to stiffen into peaks.
- Beat egg whites into stiff peaks using a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment at medium speed adding cream of tartar just before it reaches soft peak stage
- Gently fold dry ingredients (powdered sugar, almond flour, and matcha powder) into meringue until batter ribbons off your spatula is called Macaronage process
- Tap the pan against counter several times after piping shells onto parchment paper-lined sheet pans; remove air bubbles by popping them with toothpick if needed
- Know your oven well so you can adjust temperature accordingly as per recipe requirement.
Remember not every single batch will come out perfectly, but don’t give up because each time you make this lovely treat will help refine your skills until they are picture perfect!
Matcha Green Tea Macarons Storage
Matcha green tea macarons are delicate little cookies that require proper storage to keep them fresh and flavorful. To store your matcha macarons, you’ll need an airtight container and some parchment paper or wax paper. Place the macarons in a single layer in the container, with a piece of parchment paper between each layer if you need to stack them.
It’s best to store matcha macarons in the refrigerator as they are perishable. They should be consumed within 24-48 hours after assembly for optimal flavor, although they will still be safe to eat for up to 5 days after being stored properly.
You can also freeze your matcha macarons if you want to save them for later. Simply place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to one month. When you’re ready to eat them, let them thaw out slowly in the refrigerator before consuming.
By storing your matcha green tea macarons properly, you can ensure that they stay fresh and delicious for as long as possible!
In conclusion, making matcha green tea macarons is a fun and rewarding process. With the right ingredients and tools, you can create perfect shells every time while experimenting with different fillings to find your favorite flavor combination. Remember to be patient with the process and follow each step carefully to achieve the best results.
Don’t be disheartened if your first batch doesn’t come out perfectly – it takes practice to master this delicate French pastry! We hope you enjoy this recipe and feel inspired to try making more delicious desserts using matcha powder in the future. Happy baking!