While Matcha is an absolute powerhouse filled nutrients in a cup of green tea, it also makes for the perfect ingredient to your favorite dessert or dish. It’s refreshing and delicious taste will provide a pleasant surprise for many consumers.
It’s also an added bonus that almost anything it touches will turn into a shade of green, making matcha the perfect additive to your creative concoctions!
Green Tea and White Chocolate Cookies
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of matcha green tea powder (culinary grade matcha green tea powder)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups of white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325° F or 165° C for 15 minutes. Use your preferred parchment paper or any other baking sheets
- Sift together the flour, matcha, baking soda, and salt all in one bowl
- In a seperate bowl, mix the brown sugar, butter, and white sugar together until it is blended, then mix in the vanilla extract, egg, and egg yolk till the consistency is light and creamy
- Mix the flour blend into the creamed butter mixture until the dough is just blended
- Fold in the white chocolate chips with a wooden spoon
- Drop the cookie dough onto the baking sheets about 2 inches apart (each piece of cookie dough should be a generous 1 tablespoon per cookie)
- Bake it for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges are slightly browned.
- Let the cookies cool on the wire rack for 2-3 minutes, then take them out.
- Let the cookies cool for another 20-25 minutes
- Enjoy your new batch of matcha green tea cookies!
The white chocolate chip matcha cookies make for the perfect treat at any gathering or event. It is the perfect ice breaker to introducing the other recipes and health benefits of the green tea leaf on steroids!
Matcha Green Tea Layered Cake
- 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 teaspoons of matcha powdered green tea
- 2 teaspoons of matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 ounce package of softened cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of milk
- 1 1/4 cups of white sugar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 175°C for 15 minutes. Grease and flour 2 – 9 inch round pans. Sift together the all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking soda, salt, and green tea powder; set aside.
- Mix sugar, oil, and eggs in a large bowl until its smooth.
- Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Beat in the flour blend alternately along with the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated.
- Pour the cake batter into your pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes. Let the cake cool on wire rack for about 30 minutes before turning it out of the pans.
- For the Green Tea Frosting: Sift the confectioners’ sugar and green tea powder together. In a medium bowl, mix in tea mixture with butter, cream cheese, vanilla and milk. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- When the cakes are cooled down, put one of the layers on a flat serving plate. Spread a thin layer of frosting over it. Place the other layer of cake on top, and spread frosting to cover the top and sides of cake. You can add some sprinkles of any remaining green tea powder. It’s best served cold or at room temperature.
This is one cake that you won’t feel guilty about! The beauty of creating cakes with matcha powder is that there is the benefit of making it extremely customizable to any event or gathering. Don’t forget to make it look pretty for an added bonus of mouth-watering guests.
Mango Matcha Green Tea Smoothie
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon of matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 cup of mango
- Mix everything except the avocado in a blender and proceed to blend it for about a minute, or until everything is undoubtedly blended
- Add the avocado and proceed until it has a creamy consistency, however if you find that is too creamy for your liking add some extra water or even almond milk
This smoothie is hands-down one of the absolute best beverages you can drink. Everyone loves a smoothie that actually tastes really good and provides so many nutrients and health benefits that you won’t ever want to stop drinking it! I highly recommend drinking this smoothie after a work out with a tablespoon of protein powder (even without is fine), or even on a hot, sunny day out on the porch or poolside enjoying the beautiful scenery.
If you have any suggestions of matcha recipes, any questions, or concerns, feel free to leave them down in the comments and stay tuned as it may get published on the next blog post!
The Go-To Matcha Powder for Baking
The best powder to add to your meals and desserts would be Jade Leaf’s Premium Culinary Grade Matcha. It is specifically made to cater to your baking, smoothie, latte, or cooking needs.
This matcha will provide you with the highest quality tastes that will make you crave for it after each bite.
It is simply irresistable!